Careers at Ipserv
Discover the range of roles available at IPSERV and how you can become part of a team that provides customers with high quality, ethical services.
Why work for us?
It’s an exciting time for us at IPSERV. As the commercial arm of Ipswich Borough Council you will be joining at a time when you can really help shape our services and how we work with clients.
We’re also an accredited Living Wage employer. This means that as a business we’ve made the conscious decision to ensure that our employees and contracted workers are paid a fair day’s wage. The real Living Wage is independently calculated on an annual basis and is based on the best available living standards in the UK.
The Living Wage accreditation is awarded by The Living Wage Foundation, which is an independent organisation that recognises UK businesses who demonstrate a commitment to ensuring their employees and contractors are paid a wage that provides a comfortable standard of living.
Our Core Values
We pride ourselves on being a good employer, respecting our customers, being environmentally friendly and socially responsible.
We strive to set and deliver high standards for all our services.
We commit to seeking out innovative ways to meet the needs of our customers and shareholder.
We are a trusted provider within each market we operate in.
Vacancy: Business Development Manager.
Salary: £27,500 – £30,000 (Full Time Salary).
Hours: 23 hours per week.
Are you an experienced new Business Development Manager with a successful track record in winning new clients? Do you enjoy gaining appointments and working with prospective clients to secure new contracts? If so, this role could be for you!
At IPSERV we support our customers by offering bespoke solutions that provide exceptional service and value for money. As an IPSERV new Business Development Manager you will be self-motivated and eager to showcase your expertise in hunting for new business opportunities and closing them.
What you’ll be doing
- Proactively gaining new Wastesaver contracts, ensuring the monthly KPI for new business is met. To achieve this, you will require a tenacious approach to finding new customers, understanding their requirements and objectives, presenting our offering, negotiating, and ultimately converting them into a new client.
- Increasing revenue from existing customers by promoting, presenting, and securing additional opportunities for new solutions and services during the contract term.
- Proactively retaining existing customers to ensure the KPI for client retention is met by maintaining an excellent client relationship during the contract term.
- Proactively promoting all IPSERV, IBC or subsidiary / sister companies’ services within customer meetings.
- Maintaining accurate records within the company CRM system and other computer systems as required.
- Providing monthly management information.
- Any other duty commensurate with the grade and nature of the post.
- Always demonstrate IPSERV values.
What you’ll get from us
- A flexible role – let us know the working hours that suit you.
- Excellent salary and benefits – £27,500 – £30,000 (full time salary).
- LGPS Pension.
- 26 days holiday per year plus the 8 Bank Holidays.
What we need from you
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Proven track record of winning new business.
- Proven track record of retaining clients.
- Ability to cold call both in person and on the phone.
- Knowledge of the sales cycle and sales and negotiation techniques.
- Ability to build relationships.
- High level of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Flexibility and ability to learn new areas of business quickly.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent standard of work and customer service.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a positive attitude.
- Ability to act in a professional manner.
- Hold a full valid driving license.
How to apply
Please send your CV and expression of interest to email@example.com
The interview process will include 2 separate interviews. The first will be with Becky Willis – Head of Operations and Business Development on the 19th March 2021 and will last around 60 minutes. The second interview will take place on the 25th March 2021 and will be with a panel of 3 people including the Head of Operations and Business Development and the Operations Manager for Waste and Fleet at Ipswich Borough Council. The second interview will include a presentation to the panel, formal interview questions and relevant trade tests. This will last for around 90 – 120 minutes.
Closing Date: 9am on 15th March 2021.
Interview Dates: 19th March 2021 & 25th March 2021
Professional Accreditations & Trusted Partners
SIA accreditation held by our trusted partner 'Stage Security'
Car Park Management
Car Park Enforcement
Public Car Parks
University of Suffolk Car Parks
Car Park Permits
Apply for a Permit
Parking Charge Notices
Pay a PCN
Appeal a PCN
Car Park Terms & Conditions
Contact & Info
Work for Us
Grafton House, 15-17 Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2DE