Car Park Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
This Car Park is managed by IPSERV Limited (Company Number 10633959).
By parking your vehicle in our car park you agree to these terms and conditions which form the contract between you and us. A copy of these terms of conditions can be found on our website www.ipserv.co.uk.
In this agreement the term “Car Parks” means car parks managed by us, “Parking Stay” means the length of time for which you have paid to park in the Car Park and “Parking Charge” means the parking tariff payable for your Parking Stay as advertised from time to time in our car parks and on our Website www.ipserv.co.uk . “Parking Permit” means various parking permits issued by us to users of our Car Parks on parking permit terms and conditions.
1. Our Car Parks
Details of the persons eligible to park in our Car Parks are displayed on signs in each individual car park, for example some Car Parks are for use of persons issued with particular Parking Permits for a particular educational institution only, some are for public parking only and some are for a mixture of users. The tariffs payable by any particular user group are displayed in the specific Car Park on the tariff boards.
2. Parking Charge
- The Parking Charge payable by you for your Parking Stay in a Car Park is displayed on the tariff boards in our Car Parks and on our website (as varied from time to time). You must pay the Parking Charge for your Parking Stay by purchasing a pay and display ticket or using the Pay By Mobile service as set out in clause 3 below.
- You must comply with any instructions on the tariff board and other signs in the car park, as supplemented by these terms, and the parking permit terms and conditions which are applicable to persons issued with a Parking Permit. Failure to do so may result in us issuing you with a Parking Charge Notice.
3. Tickets and Payment
You must purchase a parking ticket from either:
- the “pay and display” ticket machines – by purchasing a ticket for your Parking Stay at the Car Park before leaving your vehicle in the Car Park. You must ensure that the parking ticket is clearly displayed in the windscreen of your vehicle during the whole of your Parking Stay; or
- Pay By Mobile – to use the “Pay by Mobile” service where available you must first register with the provider (details available in our Car Parks) in accordance with its terms and conditions and then before leaving your vehicle in the Car Park, you must purchase your desired Parking Stay with the provider.
4. Parking Permits
- Holders of Parking Permits are entitled to use designated Car Parks at a fixed, or reduced rate as notified to those permit holders and displayed from time to time on the tariff boards at each of those designated Car Parks.
- Holders of a valid Parking Permit must display that valid Parking Permit in the windscreen of their designated vehicle at all times during their Parking Stay.
- Holders of a Parking Permit permitting the holder to pay a reduced tariff must either display a valid parking ticket in the windscreen of their vehicle at all times during their Parking Stay, or purchase their Parking Stay using the Pay By Mobile service where available.
- The Parking Permit is only valid for the vehicle(s) in respect of which it is issued.
5. Parking Spaces
- Neither a parking ticket, nor a Parking Permit entitles you, unless otherwise specified, to any particular space in the Car Parks or to priority over other customers. If you decide not to park or are unable to find a space, you should exit the Car Park in your vehicle immediately to prevent any parking tariff charges arising.
- We reserve the right to deny access or close a Car Park for any reason at any time.
6. Parking Contraventions
- When using the Car Park you must;
- comply with these Terms and Conditions, the tariff board, any other signs in the Car Park and where applicable any parking permit terms and conditions;
- only park in a Car Park in which you are eligible to park, in accordance with the signs displayed in our Car Parks;
- secure your vehicle;
- park within the confines of a marked parking space;
- display a valid Parking Permit where you are in possession of one, and comply with the terms and conditions set out in the permit;
- not park in a parking space designated for disabled persons when you are not entitled to do so and without displaying a valid Disabled Blue Badge; and
- pay all amounts due for your Parking Stay and otherwise comply with the terms of this agreement. We may use ANPR cameras in our Car Parks to calculate the point of entry time to the point of exit time to calculate the length of your Parking Stay.
- If you are do not comply with clause 6.1 above we may issue you with a Parking Charge Notice requiring you to pay any unpaid Parking Charge(s), together with an additional sum (being an estimate of the additional expenses we will incur as a result of your breach including without limitation debt recovery costs).
- We will set out details and information about how to pay the Parking Charge, deadline for payment, what will happen if you fail to make payment within the required time scale, and the appeal process in the Parking Charge Notice.
7. IPSERV’s Obligations to You
- Ipserv must operate its Car Parks with reasonable care and skill. If we do not, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our (or our employees or sub-contractors) breach of our obligations or our (or our employees or sub-contractors) failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable (loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen).
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so, including liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors.
- The Car Parks are open to the general public and we cannot guarantee that members of the general public will not enter our Car Park and cause damage to property and/or engage in criminal activity. We cannot and do not guarantee the security of your vehicle and/or its contents.
Any complaints about the service you have received or claims against us, should be addressed to IPSERV Limited, Grafton House, Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2DE.
9. Your Personal Information
10. Abandoned vehicles
We may engage and /or permit a local authority to remove and to dispose of as waste or sell any abandoned vehicle.
We may dispose of abandoned vehicles ourselves if any of the following apply:
- Where the vehicle is only fit to be destroyed;
- has no number plates or tax disc and is not taxed; or
- if we cannot find the owner or the owner fails to comply with a notice to collect the vehicle
- Where 10.2(c) applies, if we find the owner of the vehicle we must first give them 7 written days’ notice and the chance to collect the vehicle before we can dispose of it. We must return a vehicle to its owner if claimed by them, and they pay the costs of removal and storage to us.
- Where we are permitted to dispose of an abandoned vehicle as set out in this clause 10, we may dispose of the vehicle as we see fit including by selling it at auction or destroying it. If we sell an abandoned vehicles you may claim the money raised up to a year after the sale, minus our removal, storage and disposal costs.
11. Prohibited activities
You (or anyone appointed by you) must not do any of the following in our Car Parks:
- tow any vehicle into or out of our Car Parks;
- clean or do any work on any vehicle, other than without our prior permission;
- sell, hire or otherwise dispose of vehicles or goods or carry out services or business activities within the Car Park without our prior written permission to you;
- dispose of any items or drop litter in the Car Park;
- pour petrol, or any other fuel into your vehicle or take petrol or any other fuel out of your vehicle;
- engage in anti-social behaviour, including (but not limited to) drinking alcohol, taking or dealing with illegal substances, fighting and/or loitering. If an individual engages in any of these behaviours or causes a nuisance or disturbance to others, action may be taken against them. Our Car Parks are to be used for the sole purpose of parking vehicles.
- If your vehicle has broken down you must contact Ipserv using the contact details from time to time displayed in the Car Park, and inform us of your arrangements to have your vehicle repaired or removed. You must ensure that your vehicle removal or repair is organised without causing disruption, damage or danger to any other person or property in the Car Park, and follow any reasonable instructions of Ipserv and its employees or agents regarding any such repair or removal in that regard.
12. Variation of the Terms and Conditions
These Terms cannot be varied except in writing by Ipserv.
Each of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Ipserv Limited (“Ipserv”) of Grafton House, Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2DE is a company controlled by Ipswich Borough Council and registered with company number 10633959.