Orbit Housing Car Park T&Cs
Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
T&Cs for Orbit Housing Car Park
This Car Park is an IPSERV Limited (Company Number 10633959) Car Park.
By entering with your vehicle into our car park you agree to these terms and conditions. A copy of these terms and conditions can be found on our website www.ipserv.co.uk. We may vary these terms and conditions from time to time. These terms and conditions together with the information on any signage in the Car Park and the terms issued with any parking permit that you may have form our agreement with you.
In this agreement the term “Car Park” means car parks that we manage where a pay and display scheme is not in operation.
1. The Car Parks
1.1 Details of the persons eligible to park in our Car Parks are displayed on signs in each Car Park.
1.2 Persons using our Car Parks must only do so in accordance with these terms and conditions which form part of our agreement with you. You must always comply with both these terms and conditions and the terms displayed on any signage in the Car Park.
2.1 You must not enter onto the Car Park unless you are authorised to do so, and if you do enter the Car Park without authorisation, you must exit again immediately.
2.2 You must:
- comply with these terms and conditions and the terms set out in any signage in the Car Park;
- not exceed any maximum stay period for the Car Park;
- not enter onto the Car Park with a vehicle that is not permitted to park in the Car Park as advertised on the signage in the Car Park;
- not park in the Car Park unless you are authorised to do so as advertised on the signage in the Car Park;
- display a valid parking permit or be in receipt of a valid virtual parking permit where you are parking in a Car Park for which we operate a permit scheme and comply with any terms and conditions issued with your parking permit;
- secure your vehicle;
- park within the confines of a marked parking bay;
- not park in a parking bay designated for a specific use when you are not entitled to do so, such as bays designated for use by disabled persons without an appropriate disability badge displayed (please note that we do not operate a Blue Badge Scheme); and
- not cause an obstruction of any part of the Car Park, including to access ways, roads or any of the parking bays.
- not park on roadways, hatched, paved or landscaped areas.
3. Parking Charge Notices
We may issue you with a Parking Charge Notice requiring you to pay an unpaid Parking Charge, details of which are displayed on the signs in the Car Park, together with an additional sum (being an estimate of the additional expenses we will incur as a result of your breach including without limitation debt recovery costs) if you fail to comply with:
- any of these terms and conditions including but not limited to the matters listed in clause 2;
- the terms and conditions that appear on the signs in the Car Park; and/or
- any parking permit terms and conditions.
4.1 Any complaints about the service you have received or claims against us, should be addressed to IPSERV Limited, Grafton House, Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2DE. Our complaint procedure is set out in full on our website www.ipserv.co.uk/complaints-procedure
4.2 If your vehicle or possessions are damaged or stolen while in the Car Park you should inform us (and in the case of theft the police) immediately by ringing the telephone contact number advertised in the Car park and on our website or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Your Personal Information
6. Prohibited Activities
You (or anyone appointed by you) must not do any of the following in our Car Parks:
- Complete any work on any vehicle, other than without our prior permission;
- Sell, hire or otherwise dispose of vehicles or goods or carry out services or business activities within the Car Park without our prior written permission to you;
- Dispose of any items or drop litter in the Car Park;
- Pour petrol, or any other fuel into your vehicle or take petrol or any other fuel out of your vehicle;
- Engage in anti-social behaviour, including (but not limited to) drinking alcohol, taking or dealing with illegal substances, fighting and/or loitering. If an individual engages in any of these behaviours or causes a nuisance or disturbance to others, action may be taken against them. Our Car Parks are to be used for the sole purpose of parking vehicles;
- Enter onto the Car Park unless authorised to do so.
7. IPSERV’s Obligations to You
7.1 IPSERV will use reasonable care and skill when operating our Car Parks, and we are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you know it might happen.
7.2 IPSERV is responsible for and does not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
7.3 Our Car Parks are accessible by members of the public and/or other Car Park users and IPSERV cannot guarantee the security of your vehicle and/or its contents in our Car Parks. Subject to our obligations set out in clauses 7.1 and 7.2 you enter onto the Car Park at your own risk.
7.3 It is your responsibility to:
(a) secure your vehicle when it is left in our Car Parks; and
(b) take your possessions with you when you leave your vehicle, or if you leave possessions in your vehicle ensure that they are not visible; and IPSERV takes no responsibility for losses or damage arising as a result of your failure to do so.
8. Broken-Down Vehicles
8.1 If a visitor permit has been issued to a vehicle, and this vehicle has broken down you must contact IPSERV using the contact details displayed in the Car Park and inform us of your arrangements to have your vehicle repaired or removed.
8.2 You must ensure that the vehicle removal or repair is organised without causing disruption, damage or danger to any other person or property in the Car Park and follow any reasonable instructions of IPSERV and its employees or agents regarding any such repair or removal in that regard.
9. Abandoned Vehicles
9.1 If IPSERV believe a vehicle to be abandoned at any time we may report it to a lawful authority and/or permit a lawful authority to remove and dispose of the vehicle.
9.2 Where we reasonably believe a vehicle to have been abandoned, we may use any legal means available to us to remove and dispose of the vehicle as we see fit, having first referred the matter to the appropriate authorities. If you leave your vehicle for more than 30 days in one of our Car Parks we shall be entitled to regard that vehicle to have been abandoned.
9.3 Before disposing of any abandoned vehicle we will;
9.3.1 Make reasonable enquires to identify and contact the registered keeper of the vehicle; and
9.3.2 Give 30 days’ notice (being reasonable notice) of our intention to dispose of the vehicle to the registered keeper.
9.4 In circumstances where we dispose of an abandoned vehicle any proceeds of sale or scrappage will be applied towards satisfaction of all sums owing to us including with the expenses of the sale or other disposal and any storage costs that we have incurred. Any balance of the proceeds of disposal that remain after applying sums owned to us will be held on behalf of the registered keeper for the period of 1 year.
10. Moving Vehicles
10.1 We may at our sole discretion move or relocate vehicles within our Car Parks by any means appropriate if we think it necessary for health & safety reasons, to avoid obstructions, or where it is necessary to close or partially close the Car Park.
10.2 We may move your vehicle if directed to do so by the Police, Fire Service or other authority.
10.3 We may ask a lawful authority to remove any vehicles in our Car Parks to another location where our Car Parks have to be evacuated in an emergency or closed wholly or partly due to events or circumstances beyond our control.
11. Variation of the Terms and Conditions
These Terms cannot be varied except in writing by IPSERV.
12. Mitigating Circumstances
If you feel you have a specific mitigating circumstance that has caused you to receive a Parking Charge Notice, you can appeal your Parking Charge Notice and include this information. This will be reviewed as part of our formal appeal process and will be reviewed taking into account any mitigating circumstances .
13.1 Each of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
13.2 IPSERV Limited (”IPSERV”) of Grafton House, Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2DE is a company controlled by
13.3 Ipswich Borough Council and registered with company number 10633959. This Car Park is managed by IPSERV Limited (Company Number 10633959).
13.4 By parking your vehicle in our car park, you agree to these terms and conditions which form the contract between you and us. A copy of these terms of conditions can be found on our website www.ipserv.co.uk.
Use this form for
Or call us on
Choose option 2 for Car Park enquiries
Car Park Management
Car Park Enforcement
Public Car Parks
University of Suffolk Car Parks
Car Park Permits
Apply for a Permit
Parking Charge Notices
Pay a PCN
Appeal a PCN
Car Park Terms & Conditions
Contact & Info
Work for Us
Grafton House, 15-17 Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2DE